For the purposes of this document, “this website” refers to http://AbiltiyTree.org. For the purposes of this document, “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to the corporate ownership of this website, which is AbilityTree, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. And for the purposes of this document, “you” and “your” refers to those reading, gaining benefit from, and responding this website.
What we collect from This Website
We may collect the following kinds of information:
- Name and contact information, including email address.
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Cardholder information from those who use debit or credit cards to make donations or to pay fees for selected services.
(Debit/credit card information is never stored within our organization, but is secured by certified (PCI compliant) payment processors. Debit/credit card information is never used without your prior approval.)
Other information we collect
- We request personal and lifestyle information when you apply to participate in our program services. This information is only used to plan for and provide appropriate services for applicants.
- Some donors and program participants supply us banking information, which allows us to make automatic drafts against their bank accounts. In these cases, we keep voided banking instruments and request forms on file in a locked, undisclosed location. These are kept for proof of authorization, and are only used for the specific purposes requested by our constituents.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we collect to understand your needs, provide you with better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our processes and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we believe you may find interesting, using any email address you have provided us.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for marketing or other research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize this website according to your interests.
- We will *NEVER* sell, *or even share*, any information you have provided to us with *any* other vendor—even with our business partners. We consider any information you share with us as an expression of your trust, and we will only use your information in ways we believe will help us be of better service to you.