- Giving Tuesday is a celebration dedicated to giving back.
- It began in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y.
- It was created as a way to kickstart the giving season.
- Many will celebrate by giving a variety of resources, services, monetary support and social support.
What is Ability Tree doing to participate in Giving Tuesday?
- Respite, or a temporary rest, is something every parent or caregiver needs, especially parents of children with special needs. A gift of $25 will provide 4 hours of respite for one month for a family impacted by disability.
- Our giving GOAL for #GivingTuesday is $2,500. We know we can reach our goal with your support!
- With the help and support of the Arkansas Nonprofit Alliance, we have been able to promote our involvement in Giving Tuesday in Arkansas.
Why is it called “hashtag” #GivingTuesday?
- The hashtag is used before #GivingTuesday or #GivingTuesdayAR to help enhance the social nature of the campaign.
- The national organization gave the day its name in 2012.
- The movement was intended to go viral socially, and it did!
- In 2013, the Giving Tuesday hashtag was used 269,000 times in a 24-hour period.
- It was used 406,000 times after one week and 514,000 times in one month.
How can others participate in #GivingTuesday in Arkansas and beyond?
- Any amount of support to reach our GOAL is extremely appreciated.
- Make a contribution, sign up as a new volunteer or donate needed supplies or materials.
- Whether the donation is large or small it will truly make a difference.
- Anyone can post on their personal social media pages to spread the word about what we are doing in our community to provide respite & recreation for families.
- Just add the hashtag #GivingTuesday or #GivingTuesdayAR.